Welcome to Third Grade!
My name is Mrs. Torres and I am thrilled to be your child’s teacher this year! It’s going to be a fun year filled with a lot of learning and new adventures. I am very excited to get started! My goal is for each student to have a positive and successful year. I look forward to helping your child to be an independent and responsible learner, as well as, to show him or her how to make responsible choices. To accomplish this goal, each child will be encouraged to perform and work to the best of his/her ability. I also firmly believe that children receive the best education when teachers and parents work together. Let us work together to make this the best year yet!
This is our classroom webpage, throughout the school year I will be updating our webpage to display what we are learning in our class! I welcome you to visit this website on a regular basis to check for updates and highlights from our classroom.
Once again, welcome to third grade!
Here are some helpful tips to start the school year:
- It is very important that I know how your child is getting home each day (walker, buser, Y-Time). Send a note in their folder or call the school to let us know when there is a change in dismissal.
- Follow the supply list for the first week of school.
- Snack: We will have time for a snack each day. Please be sure to send in one healthy snack, labeled "snack" with your child's name on it in a small ziploc or paper bag.
- Lunch: Students may bring or buy a lunch. If buying lunch you can send in money or go online to add money to your child's lunch account.
- All money sent to school should be in a labeled envelope with your child's name, my name and what the money is for.
- Please be sure to check your child's folder daily for important information.
- Supplies are always appreciated, especially EXPO (bullet tip) markers, tissues, pencils, and wipes.
- Come in with a big smile ready to learn! 😊
Thank you for your support and cooperation!