What is Co-Teaching?
Co-teaching is when a general education teacher and a special education teacher share the responsibilities of planning, lessons, delivering instruction, and assessing skills in the classroom.
The Benefits of Being in a Co-Taught Classroom!- Increased appreciation of differences
- Increased teacher time and attention
- Alternate methods of teaching
- Social skills instruction
- New and lasting friendships
- Increased self-esteem and self- confidence
- Strong sense of a classroom community
- Study skills instruction
- Countless other benefits!
The Ultimate Co-Teaching Start-Up Kit by Nicole Chavanne (Learning Lab) 2014