Degrees and Certifications:
Students will be evaluated a minimum of four times a marking period.
Grades are composed of 2 parts, participation and written classwork, each worth 50% of the total grade.
Participation: Participation in class discussion is critical to successful understanding of key concepts. Participation grades are determined by:
- Active listening
- Contributing to class discussion
- Following directions and class rules
Participation Grades are assigned as follows:
- check-plus = Attentively listening, contributing to class discussion by frequently raising their hands and following class rules and directions
- check = Listening, occasionally contributes to class discussion with a hand raised, usually following class rules and directions
- check-minus = Student has difficulty listening, does not contribute to class discussion, may cause disruptions and has difficulty following class rules or directions.
Classwork Grades: There are two kinds of classwork grades. There are those that are teacher-led and those that are student-driven.
- Teacher-led classwork assignments are those that the teacher does with the students and provides them with correct answers, such as diagrams or some worksheets with discussion questions.
- Student-driven assignments require no assistance from the teacher, such as some worksheets and quizzes.
Classwork Grades are assigned as follows:
- Teacher-led assignments are given a check for correctness or a check-minus for mistakes.
- Student-driven assignments are given a check-plus for total correctness; check for a few mistakes; check-minus for several mistakes (more than half of the assignment).
No grades will be given to Kindergarten Health classes.