Social Studies Grading Policy
Your final marking period grade will be based on the following criteria:
50% Long Term Assignments (Tests/Projects/Writing Assignments)
* Tests will ALWAYS be announced, and material will be reviewed 1-2 days before the test.
* Requirements for writing assignments and projects will be discussed when assigned.
35% Short Term Assignments (Quizzes/Small Projects/Graded Classwork)
* Quizzes can be announced or unannounced. Unannounced quizzes will be used to determine whether homework/reading assignments have been completed.
* Class-work consists of any task performed or assigned during a class period. Graded class-work must be made up when absent.
15 % Homework, Preparation and Participation (do nows/closings)
* Homework must be complete on the due date in order to receive credit.
* Class Participation includes the following:
- arriving on time to class
- being prepared for class every day
- being respectful of others’ ideas and sharing your own
- taking an active part in all class activities
- following all school rules and responding to direction in class
Cell Phone/Device: All cell phones and devices must be away during class time per school policy.
Student must schedule time to make-up missed tests/quizzes. Classwork and homework assignments missed due to absence will be accepted according to the school make-up policy (1 day for every day out of class).
Any missing work (classwork or graded homework will be accepted until the day of the unit test)