Student Emergency Information
You must update your child's emergency contact information on the parent portal.
Physical Education Excuses
If your child is ill or has a physical impediment that prevents him/her from participating in physical education a parental note is acceptable for a two day period. If your child needs to extend that excuse for a longer period of time you must provide the school with a physician's note with the diagnosis and length of time that the child will be unable to participate in physical education.
As per state law students are not to bring any medication to school whether it be over-the-counter medication or prescription medication without a physician's order. If your child requires medication during the school day you can download the medication form on the medical form page of this web site, take the form to your physician and bring the form with the medication to the nurse's office. Any medication that is not picked up at the end of the year will be discarded regardless of expiration date. If the medication is not self administer the parent must pick up the medication.
Early Release Due to Medical Concerns:
If your child becomes ill/injured during the school day the this procedure will be followed:
1. The student is to report to the nurse's office for examination and be assessed for necessity to be dismissed from school early.
2. Parent/guardian will be the first called, if unavailable then the emergency contacts will be contacted. A student will not be released to anyone that is not listed on the emergency contact list unless, the parent calls and states name of the individual that will be picking up student from school.
3. Students who are seventeen(17) and drive themselves to school need to have a parent/guardian/emergency contact sign them out in order to be dismissed.
4. Students who are eighteen(18) and drive themselves to school may have verbal permission from their parent/guardian in order to be dismissed. The nurse may take verbal permission.
5. If medically necessary 911 will be called to transport your child to a hospital that is determined by the emergency professionals. The parent/guardian will be notified immediately of this transport, a staff member of the school will accompany and remain with the student until a family member arrives.