The MRHS library media center is your home for reading, technology, and research. We have thousands of books of all interests, including eBooks! We have a large collection of DVDs, audiobooks, graphic novels and manga. We receive the New York Times and Asbury Park Press, as well as a wide variety of magazines. Teachers schedule classes to use the media center on a flexible basis. Please see Media Specialist to discuss availability.Mission StatementThe school libraries of the Matawan-Aberdeen Regional School District develop independent learners that solve 21st century challenges, enjoy and connect with literature, and analyze curriculum content to produce new knowledge.
MRHS Library Rules
Students may visit the library before school, after school, and during assigned lunch periods. During all other periods, students may only visit the library with a pass from their teacher.
Students must sign out of lunch to visit the media center, and must sign in immediately upon arrival.
- No food or drink allowed in the library.
- Student IDs are required to check out library books.
- The loan period is 2 weeks. There is a limit of 2 books out at a time, unless approved for a class project.
- Fines: 5 cents per day late charge.
- Students will be responsible for paying for lost or damaged books. Borrowing privileges will be revoked until all fines are paid.