STEPS FOR SOLVING EQUATIONS
1. Look at equation and determine if you need to use the distributive property.
2. Look at the equation and see if there are any like terms that need to be combined.
3. Determine which operations need to be reversed.
4. For a Two-Step Equation take care of the constant first. (Add or subtract it from both sides leaving the variable on one side of the equal sign and the coefficient on the other side of the equal sign.)5. For an equation with variables on both side pick a side for the variable and a side for the coefficient by adding or subtracting to movethe terms to the side you chose for the variable and for the constant.
6. Multiply or divide both sides by the coefficient to get the variable by itself.
7. CHECK YOUR SOLUTION