Hello! I am Mrs. Alvarez and I am thrilled to be your child's Kindergarten teacher! Below are a few helpful hints to make this year go smoothly.
- Please notify me, in writing, if there is a change in dismissal. This will ensure a safe and happy dismissal for your child!
- When sending in money, please put it in a sealed AND labeled envelope. It is important to include your child's first AND last name, the purpose of the money, and my name.
For example: Bobby Smith-lunch money-Mrs. Alvarez
- Send in a complete set of clothes (shirt to socks) for your child to keep in school. The clothes will come in handy if there is a lunch spill or other accident. Remember that clothes must be replaced if used. The nurse does not have a supply of extra clothes.
- Please listen to the weather forecast the night before or the morning of school and dress your child accordingly.
- Help your child be independent....practice tying, zipping, buttoning/unbuttoning, snapping, and putting on a jacket, mittens, hat etc...
- Holder folders should be checked and emptied every night.
- Homework, notes, and money should be placed in the holder folder. It is our means of communication. If you want me to see it, put it in the holder folder.
- Valuables should be left at home. Leave toys and other precious items at home.
- Sneakers should be worn for gym. Wearing athletic pants, leggings, shorts are recommended on gym day for comfort.
- Snack should be packed in a separate bag. This will make it easier for your child to independently locate it in his/her backpack.
Thank you for your support and cooperation!