WELCOME TO HEALTH EDUCATIONThe focus this year is on making the right choices for good health.Our curriculum uses a variety of tools to explore the following topics:
- Body parts and systems: how it works, its problems and how to care for it
- Foods: how they fuel the body, making healthy food choices and proper food handling
- Families: growing and changing, types of families, how families change, family responsibilities
- Feelings: types of feelings, how to handle them, attitudes, values and goals
- Disease Prevention and Awareness: an introduction to noncommunicable and communicable diseases
- Drug awareness: medicines, tobacco, alcohol, addictions
- Safety: being safe at home, at school and in the community.
In our exploration, we will:
- Use decision making steps to make the right choices
- Examine rewards and consequences with regard to health.
- Predict consequences to avoid unhealthy choices
Last Modified on November 6, 2020