Welcome to Ravine! We are very excited to kick off another school year. Our PTO works very hard to create a fun and rewarding environment for families to engage in activities as well as raise money for our school. We are proud to sponsor activities throughout the year and here just a few:
- Student field trips and transportation
- Teacher appreciation breakfast(s) and lunch(es) during the school year
- Charitable donations for our deserving RDS families
- Support school assemblies
Volunteering for PTO activities is a great way to engage with your child(ren)’s school and make their experience in school more exciting too! We value our parent volunteers and encourage you to sign up for activities and events. Volunteering is a great way to stay involved, make friends with other parents, and interact with your children. With the addition of the Pre-K classes, we are excited to include our littlest learners in the fun as well this year. We hold lots of events and fundraisers throughout the year, and hope to see and meet our Ravine families this year.
To enrich the educational, social and growth experiences for our children in partnership with the teachers and staff at Ravine Drive Elementary School.
- To promote communication and cultivate a sense of community between parents, students and faculty through regular meetings (in person or virtual) and family engagement activities (virtual craft nights, virtual karate night, fall festival, roller skating, pizza bingo, game nights, etc.).
- To enhance our educational environment - supporting teachers and students by raising funds for educational materials, field trips, educational assemblies, author visits, playground equipment and other materials approved by the PTO and administration.
- To recruit and coordinate volunteers for programs and projects that support and enrich our curriculum and educational goals.
- To work in partnership with staff and administration to help create a safe and healthy learning environment where students can excel and feel confident in themselves.
The goal of the PTO is to foster a nurturing and caring environment that strives for continued parent involvement in helping build a better educational environment for our children. We also promote a school community where teachers and administrators can do their best work with the resources we can provide and help make school fun.
In order to be as successful as possible, we need your help – with volunteering and ideas! We are working with Ms. Zitarosa to increase parental involvement. We have opportunities to match the amount of time you can give. Just two hours of your time will help us reach our goal – YOU can make a big difference. Get involved. With your support, the Ravine Drive students will continue to grow and thrive.
Sign up for MailChimp
● Scan QR above to sign up for a free MailChimp account or use this sign up link
● Stay connected and receive relevant and important event reminders via our Facebook page