Frequently Asked Questions
Frequently Asked Questions
1. When will class supply lists be posted, they come out very late?
The three K-3 schools have supply lists posted on their websites. At Lloyd Road, Middle School, and the High School, students will be notified of supply needs in September.
had some questions recently about school supply lists for students for the 2015-16
Due to the changes with all Lloyd Road classes moving to the departmental design we were finalizing teaching teams and placement close to the end of the year. As a result, all teaching teams did not have the chance to meet and finalize supply lists for us to post. If we are able to finalize supply lists closer to the start of school we will post them online, but right now they are not available.
3. When do we find out about advanced placement for math and for LA? Is it the same time or different letters?
Letters will be sent out to students that qualify during the week of August 3, 2015.
4. After school activities, when is the sign up before school starts or after?
After school club sign-ups will take place this fall during the first couple of weeks of school. Advisors will give out club information during morning announcements.
5. If my child has never taken the bus do I need to do something for this year?
Each school registers all new students and enters all relevant information into the student management database known as Realtime. The information is automatically shared with the transportation management database known as Versatrans. Students who live within 2 miles (grades K through 8), or 2.5 miles (grades 9 through 12) of their school are eligible for mandated free transportation. Those students will be routed and a bus pass will be issued to the parents/guardians prior to the beginning of school. Those students who live outside the aforementioned mileage limits are not qualified for mandated free busing. However, these students may apply for subscription or paid busing by the 06/26/2015 deadline.
6. Is the late bus at MAMS just for after school activities or can kids stay for an after school study hall?
The MAMS 4:15 bus is historically reserved for students participating in after-school activities (athletics, clubs, academic assistance, etc.). Students who attend these activities receive a green late bus pass from the supervising adult. There is no after school “study hall.”
Dates for August orientation at the schools for incoming students?
Strathmore, Ravine Drive & Cliffwood
- K orientation Sept 3 at 2:00.
Ravine Drive: New Student Orientation for newly enrolled students in Gr.1 - 3
- August 27th at 9:00
Lloyd Road School: Grade 4 parent orientation set for Tuesday, August 25th
- Students with Last Names beginning with A-L
- Session # 1: 1:00-1:45pm
- Students with Last Names beginning with M-Z
- Session # 2: 2:00-2:45pm
Middle School: Orientation August 26th
- Last Names A-L: 9:30 am
- Last Names M-Z: 11:30 am
- Thursday, August 27th from 7:30am to 11:00am
8. Can kids use laptops or tablets to take notes in school and if yes which schools?
Students in our schools are allowed bring in personal devices based on the district policy 2363- Pupil Use of Privately-Owned Technology. (The policy can be viewed on the district website under the Board of Education/Policy) Parents are asked to obtain administrative approval.